initial z wave install
Last modified on 15 May 2018, at 16:40
- drop z-wave jar file into addons
- in the OH shell ("ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost"), install the serial transport
- check the serial port for the z wave stick, typically /dev/ttyACM0 or thereabouts
- make sure openhab" user is added to "dialout" and "tty" groups (should be automatic)
- use habmin to discovery the z-wave stick
- add the USB serial port used
- for locks, make sure no existing keys exist in the lock.
- in habmin, hit discovery on the z-wave bridge device (upper left corner), and hit the locks "A" button shortly after
- the lock device should be discovered in the inbox
- check the discovered device, it may take a little bit for it to be completely discovered
- in the attributes section, the security check mark should be checked green
- if not checked, use habmin to unpair device, hit the A button again to complete un-pair.
- discover the lock again, check that using security is checked